Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Text and a App

I received this text yesterday from a friend and reader of my blog,

“Since you have a tech savvy family…consider at dinner having them bring their phones out and open up their note app and get them to make a list. Though paper is my favorite maybe they will do it when we speak their language.”

I read that and thought “That is a great idea!” So last night at dinner before anyone could excuse themselves and get away from me, I asked them to get their phones and we made a list. The kicker is that there were only four things on it, that’s right FOUR. I was blathering on and on about my crabbiness because of four things. Granted they are big things, but still not significant enough to be going all Loony Tunes about. 

Here is the list:

  1. 1.       Paint Avery’s room         (Mark started this last night)
  2. 2.      Clean Garage         (I am avoiding this)
  3. 3.      Put ALL the Furniture in the Garage          (AGH! What a pain! This is so we can have our wood floors redone next week)
  4. 4.      Pack             (Mark and Avery and our dogs and cats will have to live in the basement while they work on our floors. For the first part of this basement time I am lucky enough to be heading to Connecticut to visit my oldest, Ashleigh. This is probably for the best. Anyway, I have to pack to go out of town; they have to pack because they cannot get to their things once the floor re-finishers start on the floors.)

So that’s it those four measly things had my panties in a bunch. Somehow having that on paper (actually in a note app) in everyone’s view made me feel a small sense of relief. The rest of the relief comes when the list is completed and our house is finally put back together.


Obviously these are petty little problems and I was all panty bunched for no reason. It happens, what can I say? I just go psycho and want everyone to think and act like me when I am stressed. Fortunately my friend reached out to me and stopped me from pushing the family over the edge. Technology at its best, one text and an App saved a family from further distress. It was a good day.

No comments: