Monday, September 30, 2013

Life's Buffet

This Friday we have a floor refinishing company coming. We will have our living room and dining room, hallway and one bedrooms floor refinished. Ours is not a large house, they will refinish a little over 500 square feet. Before the work can begin we must move all of the furniture out of those areas. This task has been dangling like a noose around my neck. While I am delighted that after 17 years we can finally redo our floors the basically moving out part, does not delight me.

Because I like to make things interesting and somewhat more stressful, I have plans to fly to Connecticut on Thursday to see my oldest daughter. Sooooo, I must clean the garage, then get the furniture into the garage (with my husband’s help of course) do my normal motherly/wifely duties and pack to leave. My husband and daughter will be living in our basement for a few days since we have a walkout basement. I will return on Sunday for a couple more days of basement living with my loved ones and then finally put everything back in the house and hopefully live a more calm life. Hahahahaha, I know that was funny right?

I am constantly in awe of the fact that I like to pack so much into my life. I suppose it is not a totally bad thing other, then the stress. I watch people shove way more into their lives; I just cannot imagine how they do it. Is it worth it? I am not sure; do you gain more by being a busy person? I use to tell my husband that life is a buffet and I can never decide what I want, so I choose it all. Now I am not so sure. I wonder if I just do not like any empty moments. I know I like my writing time and my quiet time sitting on my deck, but I am happiest when I have something going on, something to plan, some place to be or task to accomplish.


This week, I get all three…yippee! I have plenty going on. I have to figure out how to put all of this furniture in my garage, I am leaving for Connecticut and I have to accomplish it all before I leave for the airport early Thursday afternoon. So I might as well get going and stop letting this noose stress me out. It’s a noose of my own making and if I just get busy it will disappear. This my friends, is going to be one heck of a fun week. 

No comments: