Thursday, September 5, 2013

Upside Down and Crazy

I’m anxiously waiting this morning. I’m excited and nervous. All these emotions are for the new windows that will be put in my home today. My home is 42 years old and our windows are the original windows. These windows are way overdue to be replaced so I am excited. My anxiety comes from my house being in an upheaval. I have removed all the window treatments, moved furniture out of the way and now I wait…in this turmoil. This is something I am not good at, AT ALL!

Heaps and piles make me crazy. I prefer things somewhat organized. I married a man who shoves things away, so often times my anxiety becomes peaked when I walk into my pantry, garage, my husband’s work room or his office or even open my closet and find miscellaneous items that do not belong there dangling on the edge of a shelf. However, out in the open, it is usually somewhat orderly.

Moments ago the window installer called to let me know that they would arrive around noon or 1:00 PM. Are you kidding me? How am I going to not go completely insane staring at this mess and not being able to do anything about it? Perhaps since I am not a window installer I am imagining that the time it takes to install windows is longer than it really is. In my mind, I am now thinking that I will need to make more for dinner so we can share with the window installers.


As much as I want these windows, I also just want this to all be over. I want to tidy things up and put my house back in order. For now I will just have to sit in turmoil and learn patience. There is nothing to clean today; I think I will have plenty to clean tomorrow though. So for now I will just sit here anxious, excited and nervous waiting for my new windows to arrive. 

No comments: