Friday, February 3, 2012

Up All Night

MY BREAKFAST

Here we are at the hotel up bright and early because well…I was up all night. I just could not get comfortable or relax last night. So this morning I am downing a protein drink, some tea and water. Later I will eat breakfast and have some coffee in hopes that I get an energy boost. I will also probably be spending a lot f time in the ladies room.

 
There is no time for a drowsy, drag of a Mom today. I will be hiking all over this campus and I must do whatever it takes to tag along. Because life mocks me, I have some sort groin type pull in the top of my right leg. My left knee is also giving me a hard time. I suspect at some point today someone will ask Aly if I am her Grandma since I will be hobbling around and every so often grumbling the word "ouch". I seem to have aged to 85 years old overnight.

Please note that the blow up of the other night is history and Aly and I are talking and laughing like old friends. It is good to put that horrible night behind us and move on. I do still hold the keys to her kingdom (the cell phone and the car keys) so she could just be making nice in hopes of getting those back, but other than a short spurt later today (so she can get the results of the try-outs) of phone use for her I am keeping all of these keys to her happiness.

 
Life is too short to be in battle with my daughter. We have discussed the issues from the other night and we are ready to move on. Life is also too short to be up all night. I step out today without my beauty sleep, a limp and a pain, oh and did I mention that I have an infection where I had stitches during my fall surgery? Yes folks, I am a real winner today. Hopefully tonight I will sleep a little better and my wounds will heal. I do not want another night of being up all night!

No comments: