Thursday, February 9, 2012

Late not Lazy

These last few days of recovery have not been easy. Lying around doing nothing sounds fabulous when you are on the go and see no end in sight. When you are forced to a screeching halt you may even think for a moment how relieved you are it is when you are in the trenches of recovery that you realize that all the books you were going to read if you had a chance and all the movies you were going to watch are still untouched.

Included in my morning today was another visit to the doctor. I was able to get in and out of there without too much pain and it looks like I am healing nicely, at least that is what the good doctor said as he poked and squeezed the wounded area. After the doctor appointment I was held captive by several errands that had to be done. In the end I arrived home later then I wanted and took to trying to accomplish a few small things that had been on my mind.

I tell you all of this so that you know that today I am late writing, not lazy. I am hoping to make a dent in the book I just started reading and maybe even watch a little TV before I head off to bed for more rest. In a strange twist of fate the two antibiotics did not protect me from the cold that is slowly sneaking up on me. Life and my body are screaming at me to slow down and I am just going to have to listen. I have no choice. Perhaps this gives me a chance to watch a movie or read some more of my book, we shall see.

No comments: