Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks


In spite of my trying to scare him away, I am thankful Mark has stuck around. He is my compass and ever steady companion. I am thankful that although we do not always agree we respect each other and love each other unconditionally. He is my true love and soul mate.
I am thankful for my children. When I started out having children I thought one would be enough. Ashleigh was a fabulous baby and she grew into an even more fabulous woman. I never thought anything or anyone would come close to my love for her. I was wrong. I now have Ashleigh, Aly and Avery, three of the most amazing young ladies as part of my life. Each one of my children stretched out my heart a little more so that there was room for all of them. I am thankful that Mark convinced me that life with children is truly a gift. A side note to that is that there are days when my patience is tried and my heart is hurt, but the unfailing love I feel still burns strong for my children.

 
I am thankful for my friends. They have walked with me through many of my struggles and joys. There are moments through the years that would have been more difficult, less fun and hard to explain if it was not for the friends that I have. My friends have helped me laugh at myself and taught me that who you are can only become better through the love and support of family and friends.

 
I am thankful for my sisters. I did not start my life with sisters, but through the twists and turns of my life's path I now have them. They have made this last two years of my life easier. I have learned that when it comes to your heart, there is always room for one more person.
I am thankful for the last few years that have taught me to take absolutely nothing for granted, not one moment or one person. Everything happens for a reason, everything good and bad has helped me learn and for that I am grateful. I will continue to be a better person as long as I keep moving forward through each moment in my life with my heart open. I am truly thankful and blessed.

 
I have decided to take a few days off. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I will have my hands full with a 20 pound (I thought I should mention the size so you would not think I was talking about a family member) turkey. Friday, I will be out with my friend Shelly doing our annual day after Thanksgiving shopping. We have been shopping together after Thanksgiving since 1997. Last year I had to miss because of the fateful trip to New Orleans, but other than that we have been out having a blast every year. Saturday we decorate for Christmas and Sunday we try to recover from our vacation. With that kind of schedule, I will need to focus.
Happy Thanksgiving 2010 to one and all!

No comments: