Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

Yesterday I woke up with the intention of writing. My plan was to run with Mark at 5 AM and then come home and write. I ran, but then came home and showered got the girls off to school and got caught up in several other things including driving Mark to get a rental car so that he could leave town for work. I then came home and got myself ready to go to see Aunt Nina. Each moment yesterday was like a land slide of plans. Each plan I started the day with slid into the next until they were piled together and the victim was my writing.

I have always made my writing a priority and yesterday I felt like I let myself down. I put everything ahead of writing, and ( will admit it), even ordering some candles online pushed my writing aside. I went to bed frustrated and disappointed that I let myself down. I had the best of intentions, but lacked the drive to follow them through.

Welcome to life! You start out thinking you will be one thing and end up another. You plan how you will raise your kids, what career you will have and even what your moral or emotional code will be and then it changes. It is not something you plan on, it just happens. You start with the first child rinsing off the pacifier when it falls and end up wiping it on your pants for the last one, living by the three second rule at that point. You stand firm in your believe of how people should live or act and then find out that someone you love and care about is on the opposite side of where you stand. You suddenly must learn compassion and understanding for something or someone you never thought you would. You even find that your teenage plans to be a famous singer turn into being the Mom of 3 fabulous singers with 3 times the voice you ever had. Once again "Life is what happens when you are making other plans."

Today is a new day, I am writing. My best laid plans of yesterday have given way to a new plan today. I am just going to pick myself up and dust myself off and move forward. As usual there is much to do today and with Mark out of town for the week, I have to be on my game to do it on my own. Perhaps I will take just a few minutes to check out any last minute holiday cyber deals before I get going, (tee he he) what can it hurt?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome Back!