Saturday, November 13, 2010

Final Count Down

Here we are in the final hours before we leave. We will be leaving our house at 4:00 AM and my hope is that I will be able to get some sleep before that. I still have to pack (screaming in my head), finish up some laundry (towels, sheets etc) vacuum my basement, go to church and come up with some type of dinner for my family.

I am sure right now you are thinking "Vacuum? Wash sheets?" But that's what I do when I leave. Especially since, I am leaving my children home with our lovely caregiver. I want the house somewhat tidy and pleasant. Honestly when we travel I usually will pull my house together before we go so that when I open the door to my house after the trip, I am not faced with all the travel laundry and a messy house.

Odds are very good that in this instance I will walk into a bit of disarray. Keeping the house tidy is my issue and my idea of clean may not be the same as my kids, so I have lowered my expectation that I will come home to the house the way I left it. In the big picture it truly means nothing compared to seeing my family after a week.

I am planning to continue blogging throughout our trip. So keep your eyes peeled Monday for the first exciting update on our travels.


 

No comments: