Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 8 Ride of Your Life


"Is Ragen there please?" "That's me!" "Hi, I am Blah from Blah Blah bank and I am making a courtesy call because your credit card payment is overdue" My mind immediately went into panic mode. "My husband makes those payments online" I tell the happy sounding lady. "Yes, I see here you never miss a payment, that is why we were concerned" What a nice way to tell someone they missed their payment don't you think? I really do not care how nice she was I flipped out! Not only did we forget to make one payment we realized as we looked into this mess that we actually missed payments on two different accounts at the beginning of this month. Now we are scratching our heads. I know we missed it, but where did the money go? Why did we not realize we had made this mistake? Now I am just in a funk. It is also possible that I am moody because Mark has my car today, since he had to take his in for repairs.

 
It was like a one two punch yesterday. Screwed up the family books and learned I would be carless. Not that I would be going anywhere now that I know I am going to have to scrape together the money to get us out of this mess. Aaaggghhh, I am so frustrated! I hate it when I screw something up. I always feel so inadequate, like I am not on my game at all. Mark and I have been working hard for almost two years to pay off all of our debt, back then we had taken a small class called Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey and we have been working hard at learning to live our life financially smart. At least until the phone rang yesterday that is. Honestly, we just have to make the payments and move on, but it feels like such a blow to have made this mistake. Here I am skipping along plotting and scheming how this year will be the year of "Me" when I get this big reality check. Once again, "Life happens when you are making other plans".

 
I am not going to dwell on this today mistakes happen. I am not going to dwell on this today mistakes happen! Ok, I will be honest I will probably dwell on this a little today. After I am done dwelling, I am going to do a few things around my house and then enjoy the beautiful day that is unfolding outside. This one thing is a small blip on a very big screen and I cannot let it define me. I am better then my mistake. Today, I am not even in the car let alone riding with my top down with the warm breeze in my hair. Today, I am on my bike pedaling as fast as I can to make things right.

No comments: