Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 7 Ride of Your Life


Having made the executive decision not to write on Sundays' caused me a little confusion this morning. Should today be day 7 or should it be day 8? I am just going with day 7 to keep it simple!

 
This new path I am on has propelled me into thinking differently. I seem to be thinking more about where I place my foot on the path. I want so much to make sure that I focus on bettering myself and discovering my dreams. I also want to see some of these dreams come to life. The last few days I have been thinking about taking Italian at a community education class. My thought was that it would give me a little more inspiration for going to Italy and it might be kind of fun too. I think I will sign up this week.

 
On Saturday I went to two different parties. This is pretty unusual for me, so I was excited. The first party was at my sister's house, my sister and her husband had a Shrimp Boil. This involves a very large pot filled with Cajun seasoning, crab legs, potatoes, shrimp, Cajun sausage and sometimes, corn on the cob. The cooking takes place outside on a large burner and once everything is cooked, you dump it on a big table and everyone just grabs what they want and eats. This was a lot of fun and the food was delicious. After we went there Mark and I met up with a friend who had invited us to another friends Hoedown. We arrived in time to participate in the last square dance of the evening. It was great fun! I have to say that we touched on two different cultural experiences in one night and now I have the fever. What else is out there that I can try?

 
I spent so much time filled with anxiety last year that I had a tough time planning let alone participating in anything. It feels good to throw off the shackles and step back into my life. I had mentioned to Mark the other day that I believe that sometimes when you allow yourself to shut down from life it becomes too easy to stay that way. It takes 21 days to make a habit and once you let yourself form the habit of sadness or loneliness or even depression it is tough to dig yourself out. I do not want to go back there.

 
As I am writing this I have a vision of me throwing down the top on the "Ride of Your Life". So now we are not only bracing for what might come next on the journey, we are feeling the warm sunny air flowing through our hair. Ahhh…doesn't it feel good?

Just a little faux sunshine to inspire you today!

No comments: