Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 6 Ride of Your Life


For many years I have put a lot of things first, travel mainly. Anytime a chance came up to take a trip somewhere we would go. Our family has been many places and I know that in the future the travel will continue. The problem is that things that I truly need for my house get shoved aside for travel. I do know that there are worse problems to have and no one would ever feel sorry for me because I travel. However this has prompted me to put one more item on my dream board…wait for it…TA DA!

 
I have added new kitchen cabinets to my dream board. I want so badly to have cabinets that look pretty, fresh and new. I have a tiny little galley style kitchen in my home. It is small but mighty. I never have been bothered by the size of it, other than the cabinets. There is a lot of unused space because of some of the cabinet placement and my counter top looks like something they should put in a time capsule as an example of 1970's kitchens. I have always tossed my cabinet dream aside when the chance for a vacation came up, but no more! It is time to live the dream!

 
Actually, this week I also learned that the group I am volunteering with right now, A Beautiful Me, is thinking of expanding into working with women as well as girls. When the founder spoke with me on Thursday night and shared her passion for carrying her vision to woman, I was so excited. Working with woman and empowering them has always been a dream of mine. It was at that point I decided to put "Empowering Women" on my dream board. I am not sure what shape this will take or when it might actually happen, but the opportunity will be there when the time is right.

 
My "ride of your life" is starting out as more of a head on collision of life. There has not been much time to even buckle up. I really think that putting your thoughts and dreams out there is a great way to remind yourself that what you want and need in your life has value. It is too easy to throw yourself aside for the wants and needs of your family, but by doing this, what are we teaching them, especially our daughters. I believe that with a little practice we can learn to put ourselves in the mix and teach our families that everyone's dreams and needs are important. Mom is not riding in the back seat anymore folks, she is buckled up and ready to ride!

No comments: