Monday, October 28, 2013

Back but Not Better

It was around Wednesday last week that I finally gave out. I even wrote a horrible whiny blog that fortunately I did not post. Honestly, we all have bad days and sick days, why would you want to read about mine. I knew I was sick, but because I had an annual physical scheduled for Thursday, I figured I would wait and not have to pay the doctor twice. Great plan except for the fact that I was miserable and getting worse the longer I waited…I did save money though. That’s my “there is an upside to everything” side coming out.

Last week I just kept going, kind of like that bunny on TV that keeps going and going except that I was more hunched over and less energetic then the TV bunny. As I would write I would know it was a waste of time, but I felt like I needed to get the word out that I was not a blogging dirt back that draws you in and then stops writing for weeks on end. I mean let’s face it, we are kind of like family now…well almost, the kind of family where you know everything about me and I have no idea who you are. Okay, that just sounds weird and creepy, but it is no big deal we both know it is like that and we are fine with it…right?

So…the doctor…my annual physical part went well and my I feel like crap visit reminded me that sometimes waiting to see the doctor is just a bad idea. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and a double ear infection which explained why I did not feel good, it was because I WAS SICK! Seriously we woman are the worst! We are sick, we know we are sick and we still keep going. Someone in my family is sick and I’m fluffing pillows, making tea and taking temperatures, covering them with blankets…you know the drill.


The weekend was a bit busy, but I tried to take it as easy as I could. I want to be better and stay better. I am taking my medicine the way it is prescribed and getting lots of rest, well except for this morning when my body decided it had slept enough at 4:00AM, AGH! Hopefully I will get back on my writing band wagon and not leave “y’all hangin” again. Just for the record, some days I do have dry spells where I sit down to write and nothing floats into my brain except my “TO DO” list. Those days I just have to pack up my computer and call it a day. There have probably been a few times when you have read my blog and wished that I had made that decision…come on, you know you have! For the record, I am back, but not quite 100% better yet, but I am getting there. There is that “UP side” again!

No comments: