Friday, February 1, 2013

Brain Waves

This morning at 3:00AM my mind took control, shook me awake and started thinking. The more I tried to stop it the faster my mind worked through what ifs and should haves and these thoughts came from every direction. By 4:00AM I was stirred up, clenching my teeth and tossing and turning hoping each toss or turn would send me back into a deep slumber, but that did not work. Now here I am not feeling rested, completely aggravated, and on edge all because my brain woke up before my body wanted to.

The mind is a tricky thing, it can convince you to say or do things that you know you shouldn't. Your mind can tell you that you don't look good when you do and that you are heavy when you are not. I found myself working hard last night or really early this morning fighting a battle with my brain that I hoped I would win. I just wanted to sleep I did not want to sort through the list of annoying things that I had tucked away.

Honestly nothing was resolved during this morning brain raid except that I am now tired. Part of my tiredness could be from all the task lists I was creating in my head. Lists of things I should and could do that at 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning have no business even being in my head. It was even harder to fall back to sleep once I became focused on raising my head every so often to see if maybe time was really not going by and that my sleep was not slipping (or ticking) away.

There is nothing left to do but sip my coffee and hope that the caffeine shakes me out of this unmotivated fog. This is going to be a long day and I can already tell that my brain waves woke up early but have already gone back to sleep. If I could I would shake those brain waves awake and give them a piece of my mind. Okay, that just made no sense at all! It is probably best that I end this now and put you out of your misery!

No comments: