Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day of Heart

Celebrating is something I love to do. I will always be the go to girl for any party or random celebration that comes up. Any opportunity to be happy and expand my heart and I am on board! Today is the day of heart, Valentine's Day and the opportunity to share your love with your loves. Some feel this is a holiday created by card companies to create revenue for them, I disagree; I consider today another opportunity to spread some love.

Each day we step out into the world we are looking for affirmation. Some days that is the last thing we receive. I know I have had days when I have left the house knowing that I had a deep seated hostility brewing in me. I do not know where it is coming from, but I can tell that the people I come in contact with sense the hostility and they become guarded and on edge. Those are the days when I wish I could where a button that says "I am overly sensitive and hostile today please handle with care". Just a smile or a nod from someone reminding me that even though I am frowning and grumpy I am still worthy of kindness could possibly make all the difference.

If there was a way to store up love and kindness I would sign up right away. There are days when love pours out from every direction for instance today the day of love, Valentine's Day. On days like this it would be nice to be able to tuck away some of the love and kindness that comes your way. Think about how wonderful it would be in mid March or April when you are feeling blue to open up your love storage and take some out. This could possibly hold off a really stressful day or even a bad mood.

Honestly the only way available to store up the love we receive is to give it away. The more we give our love away, the more it will come back to us. The saying goes that if you love something set it free and if it is meant to, the love will return to you. What if some of our love is meant to come back and some of our love is meant to be given away. Love shared with strangers through a smile or by letting someone ahead of you in a store line or possibly even by just listening to a stranger who seems to need to tell their story. As I get older I have begun to realize that love comes in many forms. Love is more fluid then a gift or comment. Love is time, love is sacrifice, and love is hanging on and loving someone even when they are the hardest to love.

Today is an opportunity to share your wealth of love. Smile and nod, hug a friend or just be kind to someone who is not easy to be kind to. Today may be an official day of heart, but perhaps if we go the extra mile tomorrow we will help fill up someone's love storage and get them through a tough day. Today is just another opportunity to spread some love.


 

No comments: