Monday, February 4, 2013

Celebrate


I am just going to say it…today is my birthday. Today is a symbol of the day I was brought into this world and I intend to enjoy every minute of it. Finally after spending several years trying to work my way through the loss of my parents and all of the issues that arose after they passed, I feel the darkness and sadness lifting and my heart is lighter. It is time to celebrate the resiliency of the human spirit and the ability to find light even in the darkest of places and while I am at it I will celebrate the day God opened heaven's gate and brought me into this world.

There is no way to know when you are knee deep in a life struggle when you will get out of it. There are times when the struggle is so big you think that you are being swallowed whole and looking for even a small slice of happiness seems impossible. I have been to that place and while I know that returning to a better place seems impossible it is not.

Somehow there is a little place in your heart for hope. Some days if for nothing more than a moment you might feel a small spark of light and a tiny bit of hope. These are the things you cling to when life is not what you want it to be. These and the moments that are in our lives to celebrate like birthdays and holidays which are a great way to find hope. Celebration of life and all of its mile markers is what makes each day, month and year special.

I hope that you find your hope today. I also hope you celebrate you a little too. It is easy to forget when you are buried by sadness that there is still lightness and joy out there. That is why that now that I have pulled back the heavy curtain of darkness and I can feel the warmth of joy I am going to seize the day. Today I will celebrate God's greatest gift to me…my challenge, my triumph, my life and the light that has returned.
A special birthday with my mom I was about 5

No comments: