Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dust to Dust


If you think back to early in the week, I was complaining about DIY projects and my husband's absolutely horrible idea of electric sanding spackling. You might also remember me describing the cloud of dust that ran up my basement stairs and quietly inhabited every corner of our upstairs living space…BLACGH! Hachew! Yesterday, I finally had time to take back my upstairs living area from this silent menace.
This is the back of a frame, you will note the finger swipe
to the right which shows the original color was black...if you look even closer
you can see that my cats have taken over and are now prancing on everything!

 
Essentially I knew I could no longer take looking out over my dining room and living room and seeing that powdery glaze resting comfortable on every service in sight. It was driving me mad! The cleaning process was not pretty, I swept and dusted, wiped off, wiped under, vacuumed and moped all day. I battled those tiny little dust bunnies and beat them back until they could do nothing but surrender. Throughout the battle I was as positive as one can be when they are involved in something that they are not thrilled with, but know it must be done. Honestly, I was happy to be cleaning up the evidence, it was complicating my relationship with my man. I would look at the dust sneer and then think bad things about my husband. That is never a good thing for a relationship.

 
As I was cleaning I became very hungry so I stopped to have lunch. I enjoyed a small slice of Southwest Chicken Lasagna, (leftover from the night before) and then my sweet tooth was hankering for a little something too. I spied on the counter a package of Heads and Tails Oreo's and my heart skipped a beat. On Thursday night I had been driven to the grocery store by my youngest Avery (long story that I will share later, but she is suddenly VERY interested in driving). On our drive there we were talking about the recent 100th birthday of the Oreo. Avery had a very bad experience when she decided to try the honorary Birthday Oreo, they were a huge disappointment and at least for Avery, they were not what the tummy ordered…AT ALL!

 
I being curious and always wanting to try things for myself went searching the store for the Birthday Oreo's. Sadly for me, there were no Birthday Oreo's to be found, but I did find Heads and Tails Oreo's which made me smile and also made me more curious then I was about the Birthday Oreo's. I love regular Oreo's (except for the embarrassing black tooth goo they leave behind) and I love the vanilla Oreo's too, so I decided our family would celebrate the cookies birthday with the Heads and Tails Oreo's. One side of the cookie was yummy chocolate and the other side yummy vanilla…oh boy! So anyway, I see these cookies looking up at me from the counter and I just could not help myself. I had to have one, and then another and another. These cookies were so delicious and they were also healing. Suddenly my happy place was alive and I was ready to return to my cleaning.

No words can describe this delicious cookie properly...

I still have the basement to reclaim from these dusty villains, but I know now that when I am overwhelmed and feeling like there is no end in sight I have a new little friend that will be waiting for me. A new little friend that is sweet and delicious…mmmmmmm, I love it here in my happy place.

No comments: