Friday, December 20, 2013

You Cannot Make Some People Happy

Outside this morning it is a sloppy slippery mess, today is the final day of school before our holiday break and school was cancelled so my youngest is sleeping in and I have been awake since we received the call. I decided to entertain myself and poke around on Facebook, but instead of being entertained I am now annoyed. You just cannot make some people happy.

I am friends with a local information page for our town and this morning they posted about our schools being closed and some parents were posting angry comments because their children will now miss their class holiday party…seriously? That’s what you’re going to twist your panties in a knot over, a class party? How about the fact that now your child is safe and sound at home? Perhaps my perspective is different since my daughter would be driving herself to school in this mess.

Next I went to a web page for a news station just to see what the weather looks like for  the rest of today and ended up reading a story about a man looking for his birth parents by using Facebook. Once again I was annoyed when people were tossing their opinions about this man’s desire to find his birth parents around making rude and inappropriate comments. What the heck is wrong with people? Seriously!

Perhaps it would be best if I just stop reading the comments people make. I personally am glad that my daughter is home safe and sound in her bed. I will need to find something else to entertain me, because I do not need to be annoyed first thing in the morning by nonsense. Actually, I prefer not to be annoyed any time of the day. I hope the man that is looking for his birth parents finds out what he needs to know and the people that are disappointed about their parties have a better rest of the day, as for me, I will have to avoid reading anymore comments, because you just cannot make some people happy.










No comments: