Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How Hard Can it Be?

It sounds easy on paper…write a blog every day. It’s not! A few years ago when I was chronicling my way through a horrible couple years with my family, writing was a safe haven, a place for me to release the stress and strains of every twist and turn in my families crazy lives. Words came easily and flowed quickly. It helped that much of what I wrote was the completely unbelievable truth… it had to be written down as proof.

My life now is gratefully less exciting and upsetting. Some days, like yesterday I was preparing for a meeting of our Senior All Night Party committee that was meeting at my home. I woke up and started straightening up my house, still in my PJ’s at two in the afternoon I realized I was still in my PJ’s and had not written my blog. I guess my desire to be prepared for a meeting (with a house full of woman), over road my blog writing.

How hard can it be to write? I can only imagine that those famous writers that write thrilling novels that we cannot put down must become a part of the book that they write. They must become so involved in each character and plot line that they cannot wait to get back to writing each day just so they can carve out each character and plot and make them real.


Again I remind the 3 or 4 of you that read this blog that I write for me and open the window so that you can peek in. Someday maybe I will allow myself to grow past my self-consciousness about my writing and think bigger then this little window and maybe even write about something significant. I mean seriously, who really cares that I was cleaning in my pajamas? For now, I will tell you that even this mundane drivel can be a challenge some days. How hard can it be? Harder than you think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should really start working on a book. You already have the storyline.

Ragen said...

Hmmmm a book...who the heck would read it?