Thursday, December 12, 2013

Wrapcrastination

So the furnace issue is solved, repaired by a professional for the price of a VERY nice Christmas gift, HOHOHO. I prefer knowing my furnace is working properly and that the wading pool is closed over a fancy gift anyway (this info should remain between me and you, I don’t want to let my husband off the hook from doing his usual last minute Christmas shopping for me). I can almost move on from this week’s drama, just a few more hours of the fan blowing to dry out the office and we should be all set.

Now I am faced with circling back to what I should have been doing this week, wrapping gifts. Just one year I would like to buy a gift and wrap it instead of waiting and wrapping like my hair is on fire. Basically I wait so long to wrap that I grab the gifts swirl paper around them and slap on a piece of tape. Who has time for the coordinating bows and wrapping paper with the lovely sparkly tag, certainly not me?

The truth is if I started wrapping when I thought “I should wrap” I would be done now and bragging about it. Instead I shove bag after bag into Santa’s sleigh room hoping the elves will surprise me. This is called Wrapcrastination it sounds like a bad word, and this time of year it really is. The other downside to this wrapcrastination plan is that I have so much shoved into the sleigh room that there are bags at the bottom of the room that I discover and proclaim “I forgot I bought this!” My children reap the rewards of my faulty plan every year.

Today I had planned to get myself together and complete a few tasks but I am afraid that sitting in my chair writing and procrastinating are the order of my day so far. I am just going to have to flip this leg rest down and dump my puppies (They are so cute and snuggly around my legs) on the floor, go run on my tread mill and pretend like I am a productive member of society. I will use the fake it until you get it plan. If nothing else I have to at least wrap my husband’s gifts. The man is out of town, what better time to get this job accomplished?


I wish you a productive and wonderfully pleasant day!

No comments: