Friday, December 6, 2013

Who Can I Bless Today?

As I was trolling through Facebook this morning, I came upon a post from a store that I like called Fabulous Finishes. I have included their picture in my blog today. I am not sure why but the idea of setting out with the intention of being a blessing really struck me. After yesterdays post, it feels a little like a theme. The only difference is the “Who can I bless today?” shows more intention than my “Holiday Madness” random decision to try to prod a cranky clerk out of her bad attitude.  

I like the idea of intentionally setting out to bless or do good, if you will. Working your way through the day and thinking of each interaction with people as an opportunity to be a blessing to them rather than the self involved me focused attitude of “What are you going to do for me?”

Somehow this one simple question changed my day. I had already prepared my mental list of things and people I was annoyed by and I was gearing up for a day of agitation and frustration and then I saw this picture posted on Facebook and my mind stopped in its tracks and I thought… “Oh…yeah, that is a much better idea” this thought process lifted the burden of agitation and annoyance and replaced it with responsibility. I am the author of my own day and if I just change my mental dialogue, I can change what happens in my own story.  


Today I plan to be a blessing. I am not sure what that entails, but my attitude is already different so I am hoping the rest will follow. The holidays can sometimes trap us in what we want and don’t want thoughts and perhaps with just a simple change of how we think we can turn our Holiday Madness into a BLESSING. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam and Paige and I just read your post - thank you so much for sharing this - I love your style of writing, I can relate so well to you - I laughed and then wiped tears away, as you speak of how we can FEEL a sense of something, when we approach the next moment with a different attitude.... Have an awesome day! Patty

Ragen said...

Thank you Patty!