Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Living On the Edge of My Seat

So for probably a month I have been living on the edge of my seat. This is not a comfortable place to be. Think back if you have had the misfortune to be seated on a bleacher seat for more than a few minutes. There is the wood pressing into parts that are not meant to be up against anything solid and then the reaction of those parts, not a good combo…that’s how my brain feels.
Life has taught me to be open and ready for change, but I am not always the best at learning and sometimes forget the lessons, so I have not been especially patient as we wait week to week to settle this estate mess that was dropped on my sister and me. One minute we are heading to New Orleans for some final details and the next it has all been pushed back. It is like we are stepping off the bleachers every so often to play Twister with the widow of my Dad. You think your edge of the seat butt issues will be calmed and then you find your arm wrapped around your leg and your head dangerously close to someone else’s butt.
The biggest relief comes in knowing that perhaps someday I can write about something besides my family’s dysfunction…wouldn’t that be nice or maybe not? Anyway, the building my Dad’s company was in is sold and we are waiting on the closing and the house that my parents owned and the widow was living in may have sold too. We have accepted an offer, but with all things financial it is best not to celebrate until you are cashing the check…and so we wait, with our lives twisted up from our game of Twister and our butts sore from the set of life bleachers we are waiting on.
You cannot make this kind of fun up people!
In a day or two I will be posting some before and after pictures of our basement project (I know Whoopie more fun than ever) and if you are real nice, I may write about something besides all my family crap. I will make no promises, because I just never know if I will have time. Honestly, I gave up breakfast with my sister this morning so I could hang out with you. That is how much I care about you, so do not think that I don’t!
You will excuse me while I sit back down on my bleacher seat and wait for my phone to ring…excuse me can you move your head or is that your butt, sorry I cannot see anything from this position.

No comments: