Monday, May 21, 2012

Big Changes Abound

Life is always a moving target. I believe God likes to keep us on our toes and when he senses that we are to comfy, He shakes things up. I have to guess that I was way too comfortable and God thought it best to get me thinking and moving in a new direction. Enter my oldest daughter.
Due to circumstances that were beyond my control, her life started spiraling and fell off its axis. She was all ready to make some big changes to a new job and then the job was yanked out from under her…or at least we think so, because the boss is not calling her back. In the mean time she gave her notice at work and let her apartment know she was moving and suddenly she was an unemployed homeless person. It was as easy as that.
It was time for family to step up, so we did. My sweet daughter will be a new resident in our home temporarily, until she sorts things out with the new boss or finds a new job whichever comes first. This means I have to revamp what was once her room/guest room ASAP. This space had become a wasteland of old prom and homecoming dresses, table clothes and random books and boxes and I will have to lasso all of this stuff, throw it in my car and pay the Salvation Army a visit. This new turn of events is going to be a challenge for all of us, but it is what family does when the chips are down, and these chips are down and spread everywhere.
I will not lie; I am going a little nutty. I am feeling overwhelmed with my agenda which still includes party planning for the graduation party we will have here in four weeks…no biggie…plus the move in, next Saturday…plus the estate stuff, yes still, then graduation, college  orientation, college move in…aaaahahahahhhhhhh! Mark keeps telling me “One thing at a time, one thing at a time.” I honestly think that is how most men get themselves in trouble. One thing at a time my eye!
I am in prime shake up phase and I need to show God I can handle this. Pretty sure so far he is not impressed. Between bouts of hysteria and yelling instead of talking in a normal tone of voice, I am certain I have shown my true colors. I am a lunatic! Regardless life goes on and in the midst of the turmoil, a lesson or two will be learned. That’s what it’s all about anyway…right?

No comments: