Friday, September 16, 2011

Technical Challenge

Why is it that this small piece of metal technology can drive a person so crazy? All I wanted to do was buy a song on ITunes and it has turned into a three day fight with my lap top. I have loaded and unloaded the newest version of ITunes, I have turned my Firewall off and on and I have even gone where I had never gone before behind the scenes of my computer trying to figure out why I cannot get my ITunes Store to load.

The first day or two I was so frustrated with this that I kept thinking I was going to have to fling this stupid computer off my deck. Then I decided I could not let this machine get the better of me and started poking around clicking this and poking that. I had my sister who actually is a professional computer Goddess on the phone walking me through some suggestions and I still could not figure out what the problem was. My sister has assured me that she can figure it out, but for some reason I still could not let the whole thing go and after hanging up with her clicked and poked around until I had myself twisted up in a technical knot.

This morning I woke up, pulled out my computer to write this blog and instead of the cheery tone and picture of my puppy princess Roxanne, I came face to face with a threatening black screen and the choice to click a restore and repair button or try to log on and possibly damage my computer. I slumped forward and let out a large frustrated puff of air and clicked the restore and repair option on the screen. Fortunately after a few minutes I was once again face to face with my puppy princess Roxanne and the option to log on…PHEW!

I still cannot log onto the ITunes Store, but for now I am going to leave the whole thing alone. I apparently cannot stop picking my computers scab and if I do not leave this alone I am going to have a bloody computer mess on my hands! Perhaps if I play my cards right, I can find some kind family member to down load the song I want on their account and load it on my IPod for me. Considering how stressful theses computer issues have been the last few days maybe they will have pity on me. I am just one big technical challenge.

No comments: