Monday, September 19, 2011

Coffee Break

There will be two cups of coffee this morning instead of my usual one. Energy is not a thriving commodity today. I have showered and dressed in my scummy "gonna do chores" clothes and I am now wondering if any chores will actually be accomplished. There is a load of washed clothes waiting to be transferred to the dryer and some areas that need dusting with the additionally delightful task of cleaning the cat box waiting for me. I am hoping after that second cup of coffee there will be a little more energy coursing through my body.

The last few weeks I am distressed to report there has been an upswing in pimple activity on my face. I have struggled with acne my entire life and for some reason I had assumed at the age of fifty-one I would be done with whiteheads and blackheads, but no, that is not the case. Instead I have had at least one if not more, bright maraschino cherry colored beauties on either side of my face for the last two or three weeks. These pimples are more like volcanic mountains perched and ready to blow. There is nothing I can do but borrow my teenage daughters pimple cream and hope that whatever this pubescent eruption is from will soon end and I can stop looking in the mirror and reliving my teen years obsession over my face.

There is no use putting it off, this rainy drizzly day is not going to get the better of me. I have to move forward and accomplish some of the menial tasks I had planned for the day. I cannot laze about in my hideous clothes and red bulbous cheeks and think that my day will get any better. There is a chance that if I accomplish these tasks quickly, I can sneak in a video or something equally as entertaining. In the mean time I will delight in one last cup of coffee and become super charged with caffeine. Maybe I will use my caffeine high to get me through my chores as quickly as I can and with the right amount of enthusiasm even change my clothes so that my husband does not have to come home to the green shirt, purple sweatshirt and black athletic pants that make me feel (as if it is possible today) even worse about myself then I already feel. Let us all raise our coffee mugs and say a toast to Monday!

No comments: