Friday, September 2, 2011

Brown Eyed Birthday


Today is my oldest daughter Ashleigh's birthday. 28 years ago today at approximately 3:00 PM Ashleigh entered this word with her eyes WIDE open. I remember when the nurse asked me "Do you want to see your baby?" They brought Ashleigh towards me and she was staring with the biggest brown eyes I had ever seen, they were beautiful.

 
Time has marched on since that day. Every birthday has been another wonderful reminder of how fortunate I am to be her Mom. God has given me the gift of opportunity to share and receive love with my brown eyed beauty. We have traveled some difficult paths together and we have had lots of fun together too.

 
This mothering thing is not easy, sometimes I am good at it and sometimes not so much, but the one thing I know for sure is that watching your children's wings unfold and seeing them step into their own lives is what is the most satisfying. Ashleigh has the wings and she can now decide what to do with them. I hope that she lifts with the wind and sails to new heights. Happy Birthday Ashleigh, I love you!

No comments: