Friday, September 9, 2011

Pressure Release Valves

This morning I had breakfast with a good friend of mine. As we sat and chatted I had an Ah Ha moment about how lucky I am to have such great friends. In addition to my Newsletter Moms group, I have various friends in many different phases of life. I have empty nester friends and friends with kids in different age and school levels and friends that are grandparents and even a few newly adopted friends of my Great Aunt Nina who are in their seventies and eighties. Each one of these friends brings a different life perspective to the table.

I have found that my time spent with these ladies helps me release a little pressure. It is great to sit and chat and hear about their lives and share about mine. Each friend brings in a point of view that I may not have considered previously. As we talk and chat over breakfast or lunch, dinner or drinks, I find myself laughing, sitting a little more comfortably and feeling a little more relaxed. When the visit is over I climb back in my car and smile to myself about how fortunate I am to know such great people and to be lucky enough to have each of them as friends.

I feel that everything in life happens for a reason and that every moment is a lesson. How great it is to have so many professors of life to draw strength and wisdom from. My heart is full of the blessings my life seems to unfold for me each day. I know that my life has many twists and turns and that some days it feels like it is twisted tighter than I can stand, but there is always a pressure release valve that I can call on.

Whether these friends realize it or not, they help get me through the toughest times. These friends also help me really enjoy the good times too. I will always be grateful to have such a strong circle of support and friendship. On their own, every one of them is amazing, but together they are each the best support a woman could ask for. Perspective is a blessing, but pressure release is amazing. I am certain I could not make it without it.

No comments: