Saturday, August 11, 2012

No Boy Scout

Dear Reader, this blog was meant to be posted yesterday August 10th. Due to travel and visiting agenda's I failed to post it. I hope to have more for you tomorrow!
So here we are midway through Canada at 8:00 AM on our road trip. You might recall yesterday I mentioned how unprepared I was for this trip and in fairness I need to pass along to you that because of my lack of preparedness, we left a half hour later than we planned. I packed more then I can possibly wear in three days and I have left my computer cord at home which means my writing time is extremely limited.
I am running on a half charged battery today…both my computer and me. In order to get myself charged up I am inserting a HOT cup of Canada’s finest Tim Horton’s coffee into my system. My computer is not as fortunate, it will slowly fade until it has nothing left to give. I remember hearing something about boy scouts always being prepared and having been a girl scout, I cannot even remember what we had going for us other than cookies. There was absolutely no preparedness training for the girl scouts at all.
Actually considering that I was a girl scout in the 1960’s it is possible we were being trained to care for babies and cook proper meals. The preparation part I had picked up on my own over the years and because my whole week was out of whack that flew right out the window.
Tomorrow if I can write fast enough I will share with you my day on Tuesday. Tuesday I worked as an election official at one of our local election precinct. Americans exercising their right to vote and getting feisty with the workers is always a good read, so stay tuned and if I can get it on the computer and out to you before my computer shuts down, we will all have a happy day!
Hopefully, once I explain about Tuesday you might understand why I am still running on empty three days later. In the mean time my husband and youngest daughter who are my travel companions this trip are putting up with my unprepared cranky self. Cranky because I do not like it when I am not prepared. It is a double edged sword and I have fallen on both of the blades this trip. It’s just a half hour and a few extra clothes, but in type A world it can be a very big deal. That being said, I have to get off this thing so that I can share more fun stuff with you tomorrow…lucky you. 

No comments: