Friday, June 29, 2012

Cool Before the Heat

Cool Before the Heat
It is 7:55 AM, I have done my morning walk…45 minutes instead of an hour, fed Roxanne the puppy princess and Louis my granddog and taken them out for their morning constitutional. I have also fed myself and plan to shower soon and try desperately to remain cool the remainder of the day.
I am a warm (and even HOT) weather lover and quite honestly this heat is almost too much for me. The mornings give you a sense of calm before the storm. It is warm and in the sun hot, but still somewhat breezy and cool but there is a looming sense of the heat to come. Getting out early and walking before it gets to hot is the only option.
I love this warm but cool before the heat of the day. It’s like seeing the nicely wrapped package and knowing it is for you, a gift of warmth without the heat, with birds still flitting about singing and the flowers still looking perky. Once the heat of the day begins to take over everything will start to respond to the 95 and up degree heat by drooping over…everything including people.
There are no fun recipes today, I believe I will be serving cold everything tonight or better yet, make your own self something, because I do not want to. That’s right this weather can also make some people a little cranky, including me! So forgive me if I cut this short today, I want to soak up the cool breeze while I can. Enjoy your day, think cool thoughts and drink plenty of water, wear sunscreen if you are outside. I am a Mom, I know stuff, so trust me.

No comments: