Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Power of Positive

Seeing the world on the bright side is not always easy. Things happen and we tend to feel like the bug on the bottom of a shoe, lots of pressure and everything displaced. I have always thought of myself as a pretty positive person. I take my hits like everybody else, but I don’t let the hits define me. I won’t lie though every so often negative thoughts and attitudes creep in and I have to fight them off.

Last week was like that. I was not feeling well and pretty much was the bug on the bottom of the shoe and all I wanted was to scrape myself off the bottom and pull myself back together. I was moping around, grouchy and miserable and I was using my family for target practice. It felt like there was no way out of this miserable place. I decided to use some of the advice that I share with my kids and fix what I could to make the situation better.


I started by reaching out to friends and finding out how they were doing, and although I was lacking in energy I tried to get out of the house in little spurts…even if it was just to take my dogs for a short walk. Sometimes you just have to kick yourself in the pants. The negative thoughts have dissipated and I have detached myself from the bottom of that awful shoe. I will be back to my old self in no time, I just need to stay positive and focus on the bright side.

No comments: