Tuesday, November 26, 2013

In Plain Sight

This morning I was rushing through my house, I was trying to get ready to head to the airport to pick up my oldest daughter who will be spending a week with us over Thanksgiving. Rush, rush, rush! It was time to go and I could not find my keys…AGH, doesn’t that drive you CRAzY? Where are they?  I checked my purse, I checked my coat pockets and then I checked places I did not think they would be just in case they were there…but they were nowhere to be found. Annoyed, I rushed out the door with our spare car key and hit the road. I certainly did not want to be late picking my girl up from the airport.

About a half hour into my drive I looked over to where I normally set my purse and my heart started to race…NO PURSE. YIKES! In my rushing and scrambling I had skipped a vital part of leaving the house, grabbing my purse. I had no choice but to continue on without it, I was already knee deep into my drive, there was no turning back now.

Once I arrived at the airport I picked up my girl and headed back towards home. After a good amount of talking I realized that we were way past where I should have turned onto the next highway. I had no choice but to take the long way home. There is a point in an already not so great situation that you just have to say a prayer and hope for the best, and that’s what we did. It took a little longer than we liked but we made it home.


Once in the door I ran to my purse and started rummaging into the pockets that I had dug through several times before I left the house and there in the tiny inside pocket that I had dug my hand into over and over again before I left…were my keys, in plain sight. How does that happen? I am just happy to be home with my daughter and my purse both in plain sight!

No comments: