Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Preparing to Give Thanks

Today I finally have time to prepare a few things for our Thanksgiving. We (I) generally keep it simple. The usual suspects land on my Thanksgiving table, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and some green veggie. I do not like my vegetables smothered in mushroom soup, I feel that is cruel and unusual punishment and no way to treat a vegetable. I always bake a sweet potato or two just for me. My family has no interest in it, but it reminds me of when I was young and these days I do what I can to remain youthful.



Anymore I skip the rolls it just fills us up and then we all moan and make horrible sounds…it’s just not pretty! I do however make pie…always pumpkin pie, but this year I am introducing a new pie to the lineup, I am going to try my hand at Pecan pie. I saw a recipe on Pinterest and thought it might be fun to try something new, so I mentioned it to my Husband and he said “Pecan Pie is one of my favorites!” OKAY!? Hold up a second, we have been married 21 years, why is this the first time I am hearing that pecan pie is his favorite? Obviously now I have to make it! I am a little nervous now that I have the “favorite” bar dangling in front of me. I can only hope I reach it or exceed it, I mean after all the man has been waiting for 21 years for his wife to get to know him.



I know that when it is all said and done it will be a wonderful meal. We will have all three of our girls here with us which make me very grateful. There will our yummy traditional meal, lots of talking and laughing and time together which we have not had in a very long time. It will take a little work, but we will be prepared to be thankful and full of the Thanksgiving bounty. I pray that all your preparations go smoothly, that your family is with you in person or in spirit and that you can enjoy every minute. Finally I hope that you learn something new about the ones that you love.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: