Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Relax, Rest, Repeat

Last weekend my husband Mark and I went away to a Bed and Breakfast for some rest and relaxation. We were long overdue for some time alone so we decided to take the bull by the horns and get out of here. One thing I know for sure since our getaway is, WE DON”T DO IT ENOUGH!
It was a great time to reconnect and relax. The bed and breakfast is on Lake Huron and you are shown to your room given your key and left alone. You are asked what time you want breakfast in the morning and in the morning you hear a gentle knock on the door and there is your breakfast waiting for you. They basically knock and run, so if you want to avoid people the entire time it can be possible.
There was a beautiful beach and gardens outside and Mark and I enjoyed some time sitting both places. We also went on an adventure since Saturday morning was a little cloudy for sitting on the beach. Marks family used to spend time camping and visiting his Grandparents in the area where the bed and breakfast was, so we ended up driving around and looking at places that Mark used to go to when he was little. It was a nice walk down memory lane and a great time to hear stories about his childhood.
Our next adventure was heading to a lumbermen’s monument in the forest area. It was beautiful there and we enjoyed taking in the natural scenery. It was a relaxing morning with some adventure a wonderful lunch and then time back at the bed and breakfast to relax some more. I was starting to get the hang of the relaxing and found myself perfectly content to sit on the beach and look up at the stars at night fall and watch random fireworks in the distance.
I am certain that this whole idea of getting away needs to be a prescription that doctors give their patients and insurance reimburses us for it, it was fabulous. I will not lie though Sunday morning I was already building up my anxiety armor and preparing to head home to all the fall darall and fiddle deedee that gets my panties in a twist on a daily basis.
You will be happy to know that I am back to my normally stressed, anxiety ridden self. The upside is that we rebooked to go back in the early Fall for one last shot of relaxing before the school year starts. Again, I really think this should be covered by insurance. If anyone has any pull about this, I request politely that you use it. Regardless, getting away is obviously helpful to my life with my husband and we will continue the practice of taking time for ourselves from here on out!

Beautiful Scenery

Relaxing


Deck with a view


Breakfast for two!


No comments: