Friday, April 13, 2012

Mostaccioli and Lawyers

It should come as no surprise that the busier you are the busier you get. As I work to coordinate menu for Aly's graduation party and also the guest list, I am also trying to make a plan for an invitation to the graduation party as well as the final clothing items needed to make the end of the senior year just right. This includes a light colored dress to wear under her white cap and gown, and "fancy pants" earrings to wear with her over budget prom dress. The more I put on my list, the more I remember I still need to add to the list.

At this point Mostaccioli and Chicken are on our list for graduation party food. We also have some assorted salad type items and a few dessert items, but nothing but the Mostaccioli, chicken, Orzo salad and ice cream are firm. No one will starve, that is certain. However, there may be a nervous breakdown or some anti-anxiety drugs involved at this point it might be both.

In the middle of all of this Graduation fun and frivolity, I am heading to Rochester, New York one minute and the next minute I am not. Then I am on the phone with my sister and our lawyers and heading to New Orleans, then I am not. Next we hear about a phantom trust document we knew nothing about that is hampering the sale of the building my parents company was in and the next minute my Dads widow is making up stories about my family who she has never met. At some point throughout this mess I realized that there is no way possible to ever be fully able to comprehend the damage that has been done by my Dad's greed and deceit.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Money is not the root of all evil it is the love of money that causes the most damage. Greed and desire make people do horrible hurtful things. You might look at people that have everything and think gee, they are so lucky and have it made, but unless they are serving others and sharing their wealth they truly do not have it made.

So with that pearl of wisdom dropped in your lap I must climb aboard the busy train and get moving. Aly and I are heading to spend the night with Ashleigh. We will do some dress shopping and some eating and a lot of talking and hopefully it will be like a pressure release valve on my "to do" list stress.

No comments: