Monday, April 16, 2012

Get the Party Started

This is it, there is no more fooling around, I have to get my party planning panties on! In just 17 days my youngest turns 16 and three weeks and one day after that, my middle daughter (the graduate) has her last day of school. This puts party planning in full swing. There is much to celebrate and I am on deck to get it going.

My youngest Avery has had her birthday set aside by one thing after another over the years. Starting as early as the age of three, events in our family always ended up happening on Avery's birthday, there was my parent's big anniversary party with a brunch the next day. There were plays and shows at the high school that my girls were in on her birthday. My oldest was married on Avery's birthday and saddest of all, my Dad died on Avery's birthday. We are all determined that this year will be different and we are pulling out as many stops as we can so that Avery's 16th birthday is fabulous.

This of course requires planning. We had a family pow-wow yesterday to determine all the right things we needed to do to make this birthday a good one. Keeping in mind that I am in party planning mode already for Aly's graduation party, I explained to Avery that it needs to be a party that does not involve too much, hands on effort from me. Translated that means that I will use my wallet more than my hands. I will make some delicious birthday dinner and my new favorite Lemon Cream pie (recipe in previous blog) for her actual birthday dinner and the next day is a Friday, so the plan is to fuss over her like crazy, take her and some of her friends to dinner and come home and have Ugly Bumpy cake (pictures and explanation in previous blog) for dessert. After that it will be Girlville with a sleepover and all that comes with that. I am glad that piece of my party puzzle is in place, now I need to stop messing around and get my guest list going for Aly's graduation party.

I have to know how many are invited so that I know how much food is required and how many invitations I need. *This is a party planner tip for any of you facing this same issue. I will be pulling this information together today. I will let you know how this goes since to be honest it is not a fun job and requires me to be hunched over my computer for a good part of the day. Alright, I know I am usually hunched over my computer anyway, but that is for much more interesting and exciting things like other people's business on Facebook and such.

Since that list is not going to make its self, I best get to it. I have to get started on getting the party started…I crack myself up!

No comments: