Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Making Time

Writing has been my therapy for several years now. Every morning plopped on my rear with my notebook laptop on my lap. The trouble is that I am running low on time these days with every possible activity ahead of me in the next couple of months and I think I will have to reduce the amount of therapy I offer myself. I of course am nowhere near healed and will still require several doses of therapy a week however I think I will reduce the intensity for a while.

I know in reality this writing is just for me, but I like to pretend that others read this and might worry if I am not writing like I had been. So this is my official do not worry if I do not write announcement to you and to me. I do not want to get so comfortable not writing that I give it up completely, but my TO DO list is extensive and it is stressing me out! Here is a sample…

  1. Finish Graduation party invitations and mail them
  2. Paint new doors on back of house
  3. Prepare items for garage sale before grad party (at my girlfriend's house thankfully!)
  4. Yard work, yard work, yard work!
  5. Last School Play for Aly – Two nights
  6. Finish pulling basement together when Mark is done painting
  7. Avery's 16th birthday (Gifts…dinner…homemade Lemon Cream pie)
  8. Avery's 16th birthday sleepover (Dinner…Homemade Ugly Bumpy cake lots of laughing girls up very late!)
  9. Leave for New Orleans for 4 days (This is always subject to change, which it does regularly)
  10. Honors night
  11. Scholarship night
  12. Last Choir concert for Aly
  13. YARDWORK
  14. STRESS
  15. Make food for party
  16. CLEAN and clean some more
  17. Make more food
  18. Have the party
  19. Celebrate Fathers day
  20. Leave immediately after celebration for College orientation that is the next day
  21. Orientation
  22. Come home and do nothing all day!!

This last item will literally be two months and two days from today and I hope I can make it until then. Odds are good I forgot to add a few things to my list and realistically, I am no different than any other parent with a child graduating however it is good to see it all in print. It will all come together it is just that writing about my life might have to take a bit of a backseat to the actual living of my life for a while. So for now let me just say…I will be in touch!

No comments: