Friday, June 21, 2013

Day Two England Trip

I am drowsy but alert as we prepare to land in England in a 1/2 hour. We have been fed subpar food for dinner and upon waking from a fitful sleep I was handed a small croissant, some cut up melon and coffee. Because I am feeling like I am on my own version of survivor, I keep eating when the opportunity arises. For what ever reason I keep thinking that at some point I will be going hungry on this trip. That is why I packed 18 protein bars for Avery and I to share...and two cans of Pringles potato chips. In my mind I thought we would be in constant search of food.

Now we are seated in the terminal waiting for our tour bus to arrive. We found out once we landed that our wait in the airport would be 3 hours...long boring wait that includes a lot of people watching and delightful British accents. Our hope is to have some touring to day and also some opportunity to relax.

Once all of the other groups we will be traveling with arrived we hopped on our tour bus and drove into Manchester, England. We spent the afternoon touring a library, having lunch and telling each other how tired we were. Actually our tour guide, Paul, decided that we would have dinner early so that we could all get rested and hopefully be a little more energetic tomorrow...or today, since it is now Wednesday morning here. That was simultaneously the longest and fastest two days of my!


Sent from my iPad

No comments: