Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Releasing Control


There are times in life when you begin to think that one more thing cannot possibly happen, and then it does. You just stand there whether it is all good or all bad and wonder, "Why me". Right now it seems that I am in the eye of a stress storm and I have had to make a decision to stare it down. I am releasing my control and tossing my care in the air like a hand full of helium balloons.

 
I know what you are thinking, when haven't you been in the middle of a stress storm? This time is different, I feel like I am on the cusp of finally making my way through and I intend to make sure that I am hands off and letting the control belong to the universe and not to me. The harder I hang onto the need to steer through the storm, the more stressed I feel. The only way out is through it and I cannot do this alone.

 
As I sit here writing this morning I am aware of a feeling of comfort and confidence. I know that I have a strong faith and believe that when handing your concerns over they can only lift up if we let go. I have let go. I am no longer making decisions in my head. All of the decisions that I am making I am allowing my heart to guide me. This has given me a feeling of relief that I have not felt in some time.

 
I know what is right and as long as I live with my best intentions and an open heart my balloons of stress will rise. I no longer want the responsibility of being in charge of the twists and turns and how and when they occur. I am very happy to be taking my hands off the strings and letting each care float with intention in the direction it is meant to go.

No comments: