Monday, July 1, 2013

Home from England

My attempt at being a faithful blogger while we were traveling failed miserably. There was always difficulty in finding wireless internet and when we did have it, it was after a long day of touring and I was exhausted. My writing after hopping on and off a bus, walking and touring all day were lack luster at best. Eventually given the circumstances I just gave up. I knew if I was boring myself with what I was writing it was probably having the same or worse affect on you my faithful reader.

So just to recap our trip for you, IT WAS FABULOUS, the trip of a lifetime! There was very little down time, we were going everyday from sun up to sun down. We saw the English countryside, castles, Roman baths, cute shops, Shakespeare’s home, his theater and his wife’s home. We also saw the Bronte sisters home, walked on the moors and stopped at Stone Henge. Every single day there was a new adventure waiting for us.

Intermixed with our fun and adventure was an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. When we arrived in England our group blended with other smaller groups from California, Wisconsin and Florida after a couple of days we began to get to know each other which made the trip even better.

A extra plus side to my trip was that I had my own room each night. Although I did not have much time in my hotel rooms, it was nice to have some quiet down time to myself each night and morning. The quiet time helped keep me centered and sane.


All I can say is that if you ever have the chance to travel, take it. Traveling and seeing the world in new ways has opened up my heart and mind. I learned about a world outside of my everyday world and I also learned a little bit more about me. I am sharing a few of the photos that I took today and I will plan on sharing a few more tomorrow. Have a great day and plan a trip!















No comments: