Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Deeper Pond

When you first observe a pond it is mysterious. You have no idea what depth it has or whether it will refresh you or not. By wading into it you begin to learn what the pond has to offer. This is actually what life is like as well. My hope is that together we can wade into life's pond and learn the depth together. Perhaps by looking at the gifts each day offers, we can start to see how even the most simple thing can change your life.

Like a pond each of us has different levels to who and what we are. I enjoy looking into the levels of myself and others and learning about the depths we have. I also like to mix in a bit of my faith journey along the way. I believe that faith is very personal and that the best way to bring others to God is by quiet example. Many times I have been faced with people who have a strong faith and they were eager to share it with every one around them. You see we all come to God in our own time and no one person can make that happen for someone else. Most times it is a chain of people that gently and sometimes even unknowingly turn a persons heart to God and then God does the rest.


I hope that what I write in the months to come helps start that chain for someone. I also hope that what I write here as I start to step into lifes pond with you, will begin to peel back the layers and together we can learn to swim through this journey.

1 comment:

Maddog said...

Great start. I'm looking forward to more of your postings.