Saturday, July 16, 2011

Destination Maine Day 2


All of us enjoying lunch/dinner at Cheesecake Factory in Albany

Tired Avery


Bridge over the Hudson river

The road warriors are off again. We just left Albany, New York it is about 10:15 AM and we are excited to be having this adventure. We spent yesterday afternoon poking around a local Mall. We had lunch/dinner and then checked into our hotel so that we could relax and reenergize. I think the good night's sleep has done us all some good and the travel today will be much shorter about 5 and half hours in total. The mix of the two has all of us feeling upbeat.

 
There is not much to share since most everything we are seeing involves bad drivers and beautiful scenery. It is a true blessing to be able to show my children this side of America. A few years ago when we went to visit my cousin Laurel in Colorado I felt blessed to share the West with them and now thanks again to my same cousin we are going to see the East coast. I spent a year here in New York, New York when I was in my early teens. Having the chance to show my girls and Mark this part of the country makes me happy.
I cannot wait to be with my cousin and her family again. When Laurel and Matt (her fiancé) came to stay with me during Aunt Nina's last week of life, we realized how much alike we are. I shared with Laurel at that time how much she looks like my Mom to me. While she was not thrilled with that I find it somehow comforting to have someone still in my life that I am genetically connected to (other than my children I mean).


This experience of travel is good for all of us. There is a feeling of empowerment about travel. You become more connected with the world and where you fit in it. You realize that you are just a small part of the universe and while you are small you play a big role. Every breath and every step sends your energy out into the world and being aware of that keeps you focused on the greater good. As I say that my youngest is in the back of the car laying down watching a movie on the portable DVD player so much for her greater good today. When I mentioned that she was missing all of the beautiful scenery she said "I don't care!" My work is truly cut out for me, it is a good thing I had a good night's rest.

No comments: